The chicken sandwich from Roli Roti at the Ferry Plaza Thursday lunch time farmers market. A rotisserie breast with crispy grilled skin and spicy slaw on an Acme sesame roll. The chicken was tender, juicy and well seasoned though the skin wasn't crispy as advertised. The slaw was a mix red onions, celery, cucumbers, red cabbage and wasn't all that spicy but still added some tasty crunch and as with the chicken it had some tasty seasoning. Overall I liked the sandwich despite the mis-representation and considering it was only $6.50 it was a pretty good deal at the Ferry Building. Plus another bonus, they sell it from a separate, shorter line than their regular one which is always long when you only have 30 minutes for lunch.
- Chris Cosentino comes to SOMA and calls his new restaurant....Cockscomb?
- 12 new fall restaurant openings to look out for. Start exercising now.
- Le Bauer says these 9 places could make his hot 100 list next year. Try them now.
- Two Bay Area chefs make the Top Chef cut for the new season.
- Another one bites the dust--maybe if they tried a Starbucks here it would be gangbusters.
- OMG! How many times do we have to go through this best Mission burrito thing.
- Zagat says Good Luck Dim Sum is secretly awesome. Guess can't go there anymore now.
- Bay Area lobster rolls...because it's no longer crab season?
- THIS?! Is what's coming to mid-Market? Didn't the old Metreon teach anybody anything?