your weekly nosh of food news
Well, I also couldn't pass up $1 sweets at the Jack Daniels pop-up either. This one had cream cheese icing (YEAH!) and just a hint of the whiskey in it. While I can't quite confirm I tasted any Jack in this, it wasn't bad and was definitely super moist. And at that price point it was totally in my wheelhouse of likeness. It had the heft I crave to satisfy. Or maybe there was a lot of liquor in it and I just imagined I liked it cause I was drunk? Whatever, I ate the whole thing by myself anyway.
- Airbnb has teamed with Resy and you can now make restaurant reservations when you rent out the bedroom of someone you don't know.
- The space formerly occupied by Mason Pacific finally gets a new tenant in AltoVino.
- Restaurant closures extend to Oakland as well as five year old Juhu Beach Club calls it quits.
- The Perennial bucks the recent downturn trend in mid-Market as it survives and shifts.
- Wait?! Round Table Pizza was a Bay Area restaurant chain?!! Well, they've sold out too.
- So Tastemaker Collective is a thing now at Fort Mason. Will it be the new Lazy Bear remains to be seen.
- No foie gras for you! Or you! Or.....sorry, pending appeal again--stay tuned.
- First coffee now beer!! The techbots will never stop until world domination I tell ya'!
- Now you don't have to visit Oakland for good Southern food as Brown Sugar Kitchen eyes space at the Ferry Building.
- And in case you need a restaurant update, here are some places just open or opening soon in the Bay Area.