Food news and some "crazy cookie"
So I broke down and got a cookie from Jane The Bakery, but not just any cookie, the "crazy cookie." A mix of chocolate chips, marshmallows and corn flakes. It could just as easily be called the "I just smoked a bowl and am really craving something sweet and crunchy" but that is just a bit too long to print out. It is a standard brown sugar cookie base like on most chocolate chips and they have elevated it up in sweetness with the marshmallow and corn flakes that tasted like the frosted version. It is a big cookie for the price so kudos on that. Taste wise it is definitely sweet and sticky though the crunch of flake got a little soft and lost. Plus it was on the thin side and didn't exactly hold together like a normal cookie. The marshmallow also seemed to have cooked down to a point where it was more caramelized than chewy. I also thought it could have used more chocolate chips in the mix as they seemed few and far between. Ultimately it's all right, but they seem to have so many of things that are better I'd skip it for a regular chocolate chip cookie or possibly even their Cap'n Crunch cookie next time. But don't fret, there is always some food news to tide you over.
- Hey look! It's another grocery delivery service trying to get a foothold in the Bay Area. Farmstead wants to compete with Amazon by using AI. Shouldn't they start against Good Eggs first?
- Minnie Bell's just opened up a brick and mortar spot in Emeryville. Ugh, guess I gotta go to the East Bay now.
- Seoul, it is the new hot bed of....San Francisco based bakeries?
- Really, how many Mediterranean gyro places can we have in this town? They are like the new taqueria.
- Persian frittatas and dancing graduate to the big time in SF with Oyna Natural Foods.
- Here's San Francisco Magazines mini guide to an upgraded passover experience. Easter is Sunday by the way.
- Who doesn't want a mini food truck park in their neighborhood? Apparently these people.
- So here's a couple of new places you can check out in Oakland!
- Looks like Amy Poehler will be making comedy in Napa with her new Netflix series.
- Seems you will need to get your late night Polk eats on as soon as you can. The Grubstake demo plans are speeding up.
- Food and art are going to collide at Palette. Great another spot with ambiance and small plates, can't wait.
- Great, another high end Mexican spot from Thomas Keller? Looks like it will be in Napa. Anyone looking for a job?
- Now you will be able to get the impossible burger at an A's game! Aren't you excited?!
- Well darn, another dessert places in SF bites the dust. So long Chile Pies.
- Finally, fried lobster tails and waffles???!!! Dear God no!! Or wait, hmmm, maybe I am intrigued more than I actually should be. Though I'd need to go down to Tanforan Mall to get to the closest Red Lobster. Ugh.