Food news, nosh and this chocolate salty caramel sweet thing
Back at Jane The Bakery and going for it with this salted caramel twist because in person it looked as good as the picture. Or maybe I was just in the mood for something bready, chocolatey and caramely. It also lived up to all of those flavors as you could clearly as you bit into the buttery, crunchy bread. (Yes, I'm using a lot of words that end in y to be descriptivy) It is basically croissant dough in a different shape. The little balls of chocolate almost pop in your mouth and the salted caramel drizzle is just enough to give this the sweet and savory vibe I enjoy. As opposed to that barely filled croissant from last time, this one surely didn't disappoint. It's not too sweet and not too salty. Plus, at $5 a pop it was large enough to cut in half and share with someone. I mean I'm not gonna do that, but you could if you wanted to. I'll just enjoy mine by myself with a little food news.
- Well, this was surprising. I'm not sure where they get all their money but Zagat and The Infatuation are now one. Will be interesting to see what happens since it was Google that sold this to them.
- Though EaterSF seems to be dragging them for it. They have called out the Infatuation before. Seems to me they are either a little jealous or threatened. The food website wars are on!
- For now, you can still check out Zagat's website before it changes. See their current picks for best new brunches in SF, this being "brunch town" after all.
- Dominique Crenn goes elegant French countryside with her new space Bar Crenn.
- There were multiple Guy Fieri sightings in SF last week. Sign of the foodpocalypse maybe? Wonder what he's thinking is a diner, drive-in or dive on this visit?
- The Museum of Ice Cream is extending its stay because it is the....really, I'm not sure why people are still going to this or why it is a thing.
- But here are some Bay Area spots to check out REAL ice cream in some most unusual flavors.
- Del Popolo is getting a new chef since the brick and mortar spot is about more than pizza. Even though it really is all about the pizza.
- Patty melts are back in style! But then melted cheese on bread is always a winner. See--grilled cheese or pizza.
- I liked their banh mi and seems other people do too as Bunn Mike is now opening a second location.
- Look, it is a crowdsourced 'zine about food in California--yah......
- Shame, shame it seems on a now former OpenTable employee for causing a bit of a kerfuffle.