Food news and a chocolate bomb y'all!
Oh yeah, now this is right up my pastry alley. Behold! The chocolate brioche filled to bursting with chocolate pudding or cream or whatever you wanna call it from Jane the Bakery. Deep fried dough filled with stuff then covered in sugar, what's not to love? These little balls of sweetness are a chocolate lovers delight. Though if you are into donuts and pudding, you will find joy in this too. The filling isn't too sweet and there is more than enough to get some in every bite. I'm glad I cut this in half first before biting into it otherwise it would have creamed all over my hands! For about $4.50, it is definitely a (mostly) bargain sweet treat I don't mind sort of splurging for. It fits all my hallmarks for a filling dessert--sweetness, heft and down right tasty. I've still got a few more baked goods from Jane to check out but this has been my favorite so far. Enough to even schlep all the way back over to Geary and Fillmore on the 38th(!) to have another. Now go out and enjoy one (or two) with your latest food news.
- Here's NPR putting a damper on your drinking during made up holidays.
- It's like putting lipstick on.....a fried chicken sandwich?
- Cat Town Cafe got vandalized and some of those cats decided to get the hell out of there!
- Natural wine is the new wine you should be trying and if you haven't you are already behind the times, evidently.
- And these "lesser known" wineries are getting in on the action.
- Netflix released a slew of new food docs so you can Netflix and chill with food delivery instead of actually making the stuff you see.
- Well, American cuisine didn't work at Ghirardelli Square, maybe dim sum will?
- Hey! We got a new cafe in SoMa/South Beach.....and they are only open M-F like everything else down here. We'll see what they do when baseball season starts.
- The Korean version of KFC has opened in Berkeley. Someone seems to be in love with it.
- Either the city needs more bakeries or more formerly incarcerated people are getting out and want to learn to bake.
- Great, more healthy options are coming to the Marina because everyone there wears sweats all the time so that's what they want?
- Things are getting testy in the Mission as Sun Rise Restaurant faces rent hike and neighborhood backlash.
- Basketball fan or not, Little Caesars is giving away free pizza due to all time tourney upset. The down side....it's Little Caesars.
- Wow, they really know how to drag out these James Beard Awards! Here are the Bay Area Finalists in their respective categories.
- And if you care who the other finalists are then you can check out the full list here.